This is a short but neccessary article on how to properly and securely import your key ino the new WebAuth.com wallet on IOS. A similar process can be followed for Android.
Backup your Private Key
- The first step that is critical to take (right after the creation of your account) is to backup your Private Key. With your wallet open: (1) tap on the profile pic and (2) select "Backup Wallet" as seen in the pic below.
2. Now you must type the phrase (without quotes):
"I willl never give my private key to anyone else"
(3) After writing the above phrase, tap the button labled "Reveal private key". This will reveal your private key and let you copy/paste this key; store it securely to your iCloud account (using Apple's encryption); and to paste it into an encrypted (e.g. Face ID) document. Additionally, you can also print your Private Key on paper for safe keeping. I suggest you make it a practice to do all three steps above.
3. Only now is your Private Key revealed. Important! Please take the opportunity to copy/paste this key and store it securely to your iCloud account (using Apple's encryption). You may also paste it into an encrypted (e.g. Face ID) document that you can print out on paper for safe keeping. (Note: because I have already backed my Private Key to Apple's iCloud, "Delete iCloud backup" shows below as an option:)
4. For those who haven't already done this next step, download the WebAuth.com wallet for IOS from Apple's App store here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/webauth-com/id1594500069 or the app for Android at Googles Play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metallicus.webauth
5. Once the WebAuth.com wallet is downloaded for your respective mobile devices, it should open, giving you the option to sign up or login. Since you will be importing your Private Key, (saved in the previous step) you will choose "Login." Note: If you already have Face ID setup on your iPhone, (and you really should), after choosing to "Login," you will be given the option to use Face ID for additional authentication (and I strongly suggest you do this biometric security step also):
6. Next step, choose "Import Account"
7. Finally, the last step is to enter or paste your Private Key and login. Sucess! You now have your account imported. Congradulations Protonians!